To use this page, you must enable Javascript in your browser

Records Management & ArchivesHome | Contact | Forms

  • Agency Information

    Note: Research is by appointment only. The public may call or email to make a request or to schedule a research appointment.


  • The Government Records Access Management Act (GRAMA) is the records law for the State of Utah. GRAMA defines what a record is and establishes the criteria for accessing government records. Salt Lake County complies with GRAMA through county ordinance.

    How to Request a record under GRAMA

    Download a GRAMA Request form, print it, fill it out and sign it. Your request must be mailed or delivered to the County agency that creates the records; do not send it to Records Management. Specific agency address information is available at each agency website.

    Be as specific as possible regarding the records you want, the time frame, and any other information that will narrow the request. Please include your name, address and a daytime telephone number where you can be reached.

    If you are requesting a record that is not your own, you will need to have the 3rd Party Release Form filled out and signed by the individual whose records are being requested.

    Requesting Records From Specific County Agencies

    Resources for County Agencies

    General Resources